The petition currently has 8903 signatories.
Use the form below to add your name!
- That recent acts of censorship against citizens, digital platforms, politicians and ex-politicians in the United States portend similar acts against the bearers of dissenting thought in Quebec;
- That freedom of expression is a natural and fundamental right guaranteed by the Quebec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms;
- That freedom of expression is one of the essential foundations of a free and democratic society.
We ask the Quebec government and more specifically its Prime Minister François Legault:
- To affirm its commitment to defending freedom of expression on the Internet in Quebec;
- To legislate quickly and proactively to ensure that Quebecers are never censored by web giants;
- To recognize that criticism of a government (for managing a pandemic, for example) is entirely healthy and permissible in a free and democratic society;
- To commit to combating all forms of censorship of political opinions, whether they are contrary to their own or not.
Help us put pressure on the government by signing this petition now.
Pétition contre la censure au Québec
By signing this petition, you are allowing Éric Duhaime, a candidate for the leadership of the Parti conservateur du Québec and his team, to get in touch with you.