The petition currently has 23136 signatories.
Use the form below to add your name!
Considering that the Quebec Paediatricians’ Association believes that the tightening of health measures leads to a “generational sacrifice”;
Considering that COVID-19 is less dangerous than influenza for young people;
Considering that young people with COVID-19 are very low-contagious and therefore represent a minimal risk of community transmission;
Considering that health measures in our schools have a dramatic impact on the mental health of young people, on their motivation, on their academic success and undermining their development and their future,
We call on the Quebec government to restore a normal learning climate in Quebec schools, including:
1. Making the use of the mask optional for under 18s;
2. Fully allowing extracurricular activities and student sport, including sports-study and art-study programs;
3. Ending the experimentation of bubble classes in primary and secondary schools;
4. Eliminating social distancing between children;
5. By allowing a full return to teaching in “presential” in colleges and universities.